- This section details all aspects of users and their specific permissions.
- This requires logging into your Treeno Web Portal as an Administrator.
- When creating a new user, it is advisable to proceed through each of these sections to avoid permissions-based problems.
- To DISABLE a user or restrict their access, please go through this same process.
Create a New User
- Go to Administration > User Functions > Create New User
- Enter username, password, and email as needed. A unique identifier is required for the username.
- Select the group(s) that the user will be considered a part of. Group Permissions guarantee specific rights to Cabinets, Folders or Document Types but cannot restrict them.
- Select the cabinet(s) that the user will be allowed to have access to.
Change a User's Password, Username, and Email
- Go to User Functions > Edit User Info
- Change username and email as needed
- You also can have the user to update their password at next login.
- Go to User Functions > Manage Passwords
- Select the user and enter the new password
Change a User's Group
- Go to User Functions > Edit Group
- Select the user from the dropdown list and modify their group access as needed.
- Click 'save'
Change a User's Advanced Permissions
- Go to System Preferences > Advanced Folder Settings
- Select the new user
- Unless confirmed by client, if not an Admin, view by Global and select Disabled for all
- Locate the specific cabinets the user should have access to and enable all for those cabinets.
Change a User's Global Permissions (Optional)
- Go to System Preferences > Global Settings
- Next to the "Settings For" dropdown, select "System"
- Verify that the default settings are correct for each setting.
- Next to the "Settings For" dropdown, select Users.
- For Each Setting in the "Setting" dropdown, change permissions for the target user as needed. This setting will override the default.